What’s new from CPA Canada
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) provides educational, professional learning and development (PLD) resources, thought leadership and other offerings on a variety of topical areas relevant to accountants in academia. Here are some of the most recent news updates, resources and events from Canada’s national business and accounting organization:
Watch the CAAA 2021 Conference session "Education Day Keynote Presentation: Preparing Future-Ready CPAs — CM2.0 is getting ready to launch!" - presented by Tami Hynes, Tim Jackson, Erin Kelly, and Irene Wiecek.
Watch the CAAA 2021 Conference session "Plenary Part 2: CAAA–CPA Canada Research Grants Information Session" - presented by Rebecca Villmann and Bertrand Malsch.
Watch the CAAA 2021 Conference session "CPA Canada session: CPA Canada Updates — PEP, learning strategies and data analytics" - presented by Sarah Gumpinger, Jennifer Reed, and Andy Thomas.
Upcoming PLD Events and Resources:
Thought leadership resources
- Episode 5: How can CPAs protect public interest in the AI era?
- Complexity and the accounting profession: practical tips for ethical decision-making (document 1)
- Tips on running a high-quality tax practice
- Canadian tax news and COVID-19 updates
- UW CISA symposium: The evolution of assurance services
- Practitioner’s pulse (October 2021): A CPA's role in assurance over sustainability information
- Sustainability for the future
- Tax considerations for small businesses
- Webinar on strategy and planning resources for small businesses
- Accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE): Summary resource guide
- Canadian public company financial reporting update: Q3 2021