The CAAA is seeking nominations to fill positions on the 2024-2027 CAAA Board of Directors and a number of non-board committees. We encourage you to participate by nominating someone – including yourself.
As a Board member, you’ll shape and guide the direction of the CAAA. Your participation in the governance of a vibrant non-profit organization with all its challenges and rewards will enhance your communication, leadership, and decision-making skills. The CAAA Board is a terrific platform to expand your personal and professional networks.
Board members are supported in their Board responsibilities by a formal orientation process and by the CAAA professional staff. Board members are reimbursed for travel and accommodation costs incurred in the fulfilment of their Board responsibilities.
The CAAA Board normally meets in person two times per year: once in the Fall, and once immediately preceding the Annual Conference. The Fall meeting generally takes place in Toronto or Montréal; the pre-Conference Board meeting takes place at the conference location. Other meetings take place virtually.
Board of Director terms are generally three years in length.
Non-board committee chairs lead the selection process for the CAAA Awards listed below. Each CAAA Award has its own chair. This commitment is for one year and committee chairs select the members of their respective award committee.
The CAAA is committed to appreciating and responding to the needs of all our members and to reflecting our membership diversity at the Board level. As set out in the CAAA’s Values Statement on DEIB, our diversity includes geographic location, gender identity, age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliation, disability, family status, institutional type, and research and teaching areas.
Please give this call for nominations your serious consideration. The Association’s success depends on the engagement of its members who contribute their volunteer time and skills to our governance and activities. Members who have not been actively involved in the CAAA are especially welcome. If you or someone you know would make a stellar addition to the Board but is not yet a CAAA member, now is the time to reach out! Let us know, and we can provide you membership information.
The deadline for nominations is February 15, 2024. Nominees must be CAAA members in good standing or willing to become a CAAA member.
The Nominations Committee will consider ALL nominations that it receives by the nominations deadline of February 15, 2024.
The following is a list of upcoming vacancies:
Board Positions – to be elected by the Membership of the CAAA
- President-Elect: 1-year term (with a three-year board commitment: one year each as President-Elect, President, and Past-President)
- Annual Conference Chair (2026 conference): two-year term for 2024-2025 and for 2025-2026
- Up to five additional Board member positions. In 2024, these positions are:
- Membership Chair
Non-Board Positions – to be elected by the Membership of the CAAA
- Chair, George Baxter Award for Outstanding Contributions to the CAAA Committee: one-year term
- Chair, Haim Falk Award for Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Thought Committee: one-year term
- Chair, L.S. Rosen Outstanding Educator Award Committee: one-year term
- Chair, Howard Teall Award for Innovation in Education: one-year term
- must be CAAA members in good standing;
- must express their willingness to serve in the capacity for which they are nominated; and
- should be mindful of the time commitment for the position.
For more information and/or to answer any question(s) that you may have, please contact the Chair of the Nominations Committee or the CAAA Head Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CAAA appreciates your participation in nominating candidates to fill the above-listed positions. Please send your nomination(s) to:
CAAA Past President and Chair, CAAA 2023-2024 Nominations Committee
Other members of the 2023-2024 Nominations Committee are:
Mark Anderson (CAAA President-Elect), Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
Darlene Himick, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Raj Mashruwala, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Marie-Soleil Tremblay, École nationale d'administration publique, Québec