Benefits of Becoming a Member
CAAA is the leading organization for Canadian academics and professionals interested in accounting education and research, with influence on an international scale. CAAA is committed to encouraging excellence in accounting research and education, and is driven by the commitment of its members.
Your membership will enable CAAA to continue to encourage excellence in accounting research, education and thought. Join now.
Every CAAA member receives:
- Digital copies of both of CAAA’s internationally-ranked journals:
- Contemporary Accounting Research (CAR)—the CAAA’s high impact, pure research journal;
- Accounting Perspectives (AP)—the applied research journal, with a particular focus on Canadian issues and research topics;
- Online directory of members;
- Savings on registration fees for the CAAA’s Annual Conference, held each year in late May or early June;
- Opportunities to present and discuss research in the fields of accounting and accounting education with Canadian and international academics and professionals;
- Opportunities to access more than $60,000 in research funds annually;
- Access to a growing range of professional and educational activities, including conferences, seminars and webinars;
- Access to international scholars, practitioners and researchers via CAAA’s liaison with academic organizations like the American and European Accounting Associations, the Canadian Federation of Business School Deans and professional bodies like CPA Canada and the Canadian Public Accountability Board;
- Unique opportunities for doctoral students and junior faculty to interact with senior academics and participate in skill and research development programs;
- The right to attend the CAAA Annual General Meeting and be a voice in determining the future of the association;
- A wide range of volunteer and career development opportunities, including the CAAA Board of Directors, institution-based membership liaisons and award committees.
Click here to become a CAAA member using our online membership service.