Invitation to CAAA members to observe in-person or by livestream the discussion of PSAB’s Public Sector Accounting Discussion Group (PSA DG) on June 4
The PSA DG is a non-authoritative body created by PSAB so that issues of application of the Public Sector Accounting (PSA) Handbook, emerging issues and issues on which PSAB requests advice can be discussed in a public forum. Senior officials of public sector entities, such as all levels of government and government not-for-profit organizations serve on the PSA DG.
On June 4, the PSA DG will be discussing three major documents for public comment that will be issued by PSAB on May 28, 2018:
- Statement of Concepts: A Revised Conceptual Framework for the Canadian Public Sector
- Statement of Principles: A Revised Reporting Model for the Canadian Public Sector
- Consultation Paper: Reviewing PSAB’s Approach to International Public Sector Accounting Standards
CAAA Members are invited to watch and listen in on the meeting in person or through the livestream.
Register for the livestream here
Based on input received to the pilot PSA DG livestream on November 17, 2017, the following provisions apply to those wishing to watch the livestream from the West.
- Each session of the PSA DG agenda will be individually recorded.
- The recordings of each session will be available on the cloud 25-30 minutes after the end of each session.
- They can be watched at any time by any registered livestream observer (until 6:30 PM EST on June 4, 2018).
- This approach allows viewers to watch the recordings, rather than the livestream itself, so that they don’t have to get up early for an 8:30 AM EST start time.
- When they register for the livestream all registered livestream observers are given one link to the livestream landing page – for use for viewing on June 4, 2018.
- All observers would use the same link to view either the live session or the recordings of the individual PSA DG agenda sessions.
- The recordings will be shown right under the live video on the landing page. The recordings will show up automatically when they're available (usually 25-30 minutes after the end of each session).
- Observers can make a choice as to whether to observe live or to watch the recordings later in the day. They can watch the live sessions as they're happening live or go back and watch the recordings. They're all available at the same time so it's their choice. But they will only be available until 6:30 PM EST on June 4.
- The posting of recordings happens without livestream observers needing to change links. The first video will be live (and labeled live), the next videos will be recorded (and labeled from each of the sessions).