The CAAA is seeking nominations to fill positions on the 2022-2025 CAAA Board of Directors and a number of non-board committees. We encourage you to participate by nominating someone – including yourself.
Please give this call for nominations your serious consideration. The Association’s success depends on the engagement of its members who contribute their volunteer time and skills to our governance and activities. Members who have not been actively involved in the CAAA are especially welcome. If you know of someone who would make a stellar addition to the Board but is not yet a CAAA member, now is the time to reach out! Let us know, and we can help you provide membership information.
As a Board member, you’ll shape and guide the direction of the CAAA. You will benefit by participating in the governance of a vibrant non-profit organization with all its challenges and rewards, enhancing your communication, leadership, and decision-making skills, and expanding your personal and professional networks. The CAAA Board is a terrific platform to expand your personal and professional networks.
Board members are supported in undertaking their Board responsibilities by a formal orientation process, and by the CAAA’s staff members. Board members are reimbursed for travel and accommodation costs incurred in the fulfilment of their Board responsibilities.
Board of Directors terms are generally three years in length.
Non-board committee chairs lead the selection process for the CAAA Awards. Each CAAA Award has its own chair. This commitment is for one year and committee chairs select the members of their respective award committee.
The CAAA Board typically meets up to seven times per year: once in the Fall, once in the Winter, and once immediately preceding the Annual Conference. The Fall and Winter Board meetings generally take place in Toronto; the pre-Conference Board meeting takes place at the conference location; and other meetings take place via video conference.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, all Board meetings are currently held virtually. We will continue to follow public health guidelines when planning our return to in-person meetings
Board Positions – to be elected by the Membership of the CAAA
- President-Elect: 1-year term (with a three-year board commitment: one year each as President-Elect, President, and Past-President)
- Annual Conference Chair (2024 conference): two-year term for 2022-2023 and for 2023-2024
- Treasurer: three-year term for 2022-2025
- Two additional Board member positions. These individuals, once elected by the membership to be Directors, may be allocated specific responsibilities by the Board.
Non-Board Positions – to be elected by the Membership of the CAAA
- Chair, George Baxter Award for Outstanding Contributions to the CAAA Committee: one-year term
- Chair, Haim Falk Award for Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Thought Committee: one-year term
- Chair, L.S. Rosen Outstanding Educator Award Committee: one-year term
- Chair, Howard Teall Award for Innovation in Accounting: one-year term
The deadline for nominations is 15 February 2022. Nominees must be CAAA members in good standing.
The Nominations Committee will consider ALL nominations that it receives by the nominations deadline of 15 February 2022.
Please submit nominations to:
Samuel Sponem, HEC Montréal
CAAA Past President & CAAA 2022-2025 Nominations Committee Chair
Kate Bewley (CAAA President-Elect), Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University, Toronto
Darlene Himick, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Raj Mashruwala, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Marie-Soleil Tremblay, École nationale d'administration publique, Québec
For more information and/or if you have any further questions, please contact the Chair of the Nominations Committee or the CAAA office.