The CAAA is seeking nominations to fill positions on the 2020-2023 CAAA Board of Directors and a number of non-board committees. We encourage you to participate by nominating someone – including yourself.
Please give this call for nominations your serious consideration. The Association’s success depends on the engagement of its members who contribute their volunteer time and skills to our governance and activities. Members who have not been actively involved in the CAAA are especially welcome. If you know of someone who would make a stellar addition to the Board but is not yet a CAAA member, now is the time to reach out! Let us know, and we can help you provide membership information.
As a Board member, you’ll shape and guide the direction of the CAAA. You will benefit by participating in the governance of a vibrant non-profit organization with all its challenges and rewards, enhancing your communication, leadership, and decision-making skills, and expanding your personal and professional networks. The CAAA Board is a terrific platform to expand your personal and professional networks.
Board members are supported in undertaking their Board responsibilities by a formal orientation process, and by the CAAA’s staff members. Board members are reimbursed for travel and accommodation costs incurred in the fulfilment of their Board responsibilities.
Board of Directors terms are generally three years in length.
Non-board committee chairs lead the selection process for the CAAA Awards. Each CAAA Award has its own chair. This commitment is for one year and committee chairs select the members of their respective award committee.
The CAAA Board typically meets in person three times per year, once in the Fall, once in the Winter, and once immediately preceding the Annual Conference. The Fall and Winter Board meetings generally take place in Toronto; the pre-Conference Board meeting takes place at the conference location. Other occasional meetings may take place via tele-conference.
Board Positions – to be elected by the Membership of the CAAA
- President-Elect: 1-year term (with a three-year board commitment: one year each as President-Elect, President, and Past-President)
- Annual Conference Chair (2021 conference): two-year term for 2019-2020 and for 2020-2021
- Five additional Board member positions. These individuals, once elected by the membership to be Directors, may be allocated specific responsibilities by the Board, such as Membership Chair.
Non-Board Positions – to be elected by the Membership of the CAAA
- Chair, George Baxter Award for Outstanding Contributions to the CAAA Committee: one-year term
- Chair, Haim Falk Award for Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Thought Committee: one-year term
- Chair, L.S. Rosen Outstanding Educator Award Committee: one-year term
The deadline for nominations is 14 February 2020. Nominees must be CAAA members in good standing.
The Nominations Committee will consider ALL nominations that it receives by the nominations deadline of 14 February 2020.
Please submit nominations to:
Duane Kennedy, University of Waterloo
CAAA Past President & CAAA 2019-2020 Nominations Committee Chair
- Raj Mashruwala, University of Calgary
- Barbara Trenholm, University of New Brunswick
- Kevin Veenstra, McMaster University
- Samuel Sponem, HEC Montreal (ex officio; CAAA Incoming President)
For more information and/or if you have any further questions, please contact the Chair of the Nominations Committee or the CAAA office.