The Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) is an organization of accounting educators, professional accountants and others who are involved in, or concerned about, research and education in accounting and related areas.
The membership annually elects directors, nominated by the Nominating Committee, to fill vacancies on the CAAA’s Board of Directors. In accordance with the CAAA’s by-laws, officers of the CAAA are appointed as well as the members of the Executive Committee.
The work of the CAAA is carried out through the efforts of the executive director, members of the board, the executive, other standing committees and task forces established by the board. The executive director, who is the CAAA’s Administrative Officer, is in charge of the permanent secretariat.
The CAAA Supports
- Annual conference with an education topics stream
- Instructional cases published in the Accounting Perspectives Journal
- Annual case writing competition
- Website resources
- Workshops and seminars
- Awards for innovative teaching
- Triannual newsletters and the Educators’ Forum
- The Contemporary Accounting Research Journal focusing on pure research
- The Accounting Perspectives Journal focusing on applied research, current issues and education
- Research grants and awards
- Monographs and special reports
- Affiliations with national and international professional and academic bodies
- Job postings of academic accounting opportunities
- Ph.D. student and junior faculty workshops